Personal Information Protection Policy of the Company
Each company of the AGC Group (AGC Inc. and its subsidiaries, collectively, "AGC") recognizes the essential importance of the proper and adequate protection of the information of individuals, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers etc., which may be available to distinguish the identities of our customers, business partners, employees and all other parties concerned with our business operations (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
Recognizing its responsibility to society, AGC hereby establishes the following basic policies (hereinafter “Policy”) to protect privacy of individuals and comply with laws and regulations enacted to protect Personal Information while conducting its business activities:
Handling of Personal Information
1. AGC will collect, use, and provide Personal Information through the fair and legal means.
Request for Disclosure etc. of Personal Information
2. AGC will promptly respond to requests from the Individual to disclose, correct, add and/or delete his or her Personal Information, to the extent required by relevant laws and regulations.
Compliance with Laws on the Protection of Personal Information
3. AGC will comply with relevant laws and regulations with regard to the protection of Personal Information, and also constantly review its implementation of the Policy, and strive to make further improvements.
4. AGC will completely inform of this Policy to all of its directors, offices and employees (including commissioned and dispatched personnel) as well as other concerned parties, to ensure that each of them understands the importance of the Policy and conduct him or herself in an appropriate manner to follow the Policy.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
AGC generally uses Personal Information for the purposes described below. (If a specific purpose of using Personal Information is clearly indicated, AGC will use the Personal Information for that specific purpose.) If AGC uses Personal Information for any other purposes, AGC will clearly indicate it before collecting it.
1. Responding to and dealing with general inquiries and requests and requests for materials;
2. Providing AGC's products and services and related information;
3. Conducting surveys to find out about the use of and need for AGC's products and services and improving AGC’s products and services;
4. Marketing, selling, and providing services for AGC's products; and
5. Communicating for business purposes in the course of AGC's business activities.
Sharing of Personal Information
AGC jointly uses Personal Information with its group companies as shown in the table below.
Please see here for more information.
Please see here for AGC's address and representative.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
AGC will not disclose or provide your Personal Information to third parties unless:
1. You have given consent;
2. Personal Information is provided to subcontractors (and their subcontractors) that we engage to handle all or part of Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of using Personal Information;
3. Personal Information is provided to those listed in the “With whom Personal Information is jointly used” section above;
4. The disclosure or provision is required by law;
5. The disclosure or provision is required to protect the life, body, or property of a person, but it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
6. It is necessary to cooperate with the central government or local governments when they perform their public administrative duties and obtaining your consent could adversely affect the execution of such duties.
Security Measures to Protect Personal Information
AGC has a Personal Information management structure and framework in place to prevent any unauthorized access to and loss, falsification, or leakage of Personal Information and strives to ensure appropriate security measures are taken. They are summarized below:
Personal Information Protection Policy
To ensure Personal Information is appropriately handled, AGC has this Personal Information Protection Policy, internal rules, and manuals in place to comply with various laws and regulations and deal with Personal Information requests and inquiries.
Rule for Handling Personal Information
AGC's Personal Information Protection Management Rule specifies how Personal Information should be handled at each stage of its handling process which includes collection, use, maintenance, provision, deletion, and disposal.
In addition, AGC regularly checks the following security measures to protect Personal Information:
1. Organizational security measures
2. Physical security measures
3. Technical security measures
4. Administrative security measures
5. Monitoring of external environment factors
Data Protection Rights
You have data protection rights in accordance with the laws and regulations related to personal information of each country.
Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Correction, and/or Deletion of Personal Information
Following is the outline of request procedures on Personal Information that AGC has collected. With regard to the specific procedures, please contact the service division to which you have provided your Personal Information.
1. Submitting requests
If you wish to request the disclosure, correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you have provided the Personal Information. AGC will send you the request form. Please fill in the form and return it to us by postal mail. In order to prevent potential leakage of the Personal Information, only requests made by the Owner of Personal Information will be accepted, except in case of the request being made by his or her legal representative.
2. Documents to be included when submitting a request
In order to confirm that the individual submitting the request is in fact the Owner of Personal Information, please submit to us a copy of your driver's license or official residence certificate, along with the request form.
3. AGC procedure for answering your request
After receiving your request, AGC will confirm the content of the request, and thereafter will send a response to it directly to you, the Owner, by postal mail. Please understand that in case AGC is unable to confirm the identity of the individual submitting the request, we may decline to answer the request. In addition, we ask for your understanding that while AGC will make efforts to respond to requests promptly, it is however possible that such response may take some time to ensure its accuracy.
To Make Inquiries about Your Personal Information
For other inquiries regarding your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you have provided your Personal Information.
On the website, AGC records, in the form of an Access Log, basic information on computers that access the website. The information recorded in the Access Log does not contain any information which can identify a specific individual. AGC collects the information to conduct statistical analysis of your use of its website, provide you with information, and deliver an improved website experience to you.
To collect and analyze access logs, Google Analytics is installed on this website.
Protection of Personal Information on Websites Linked to the AGC's Website
In some cases, the Company's website may include links to websites other than that of the Company or the Group. The Company takes no responsibility with regard to the protection of Personal Information or the contents on any website linked to the Company's website other than its own website or those of Group.